Personal Poem about being 21 in San Francisco in 1986 during the AIDS pandemic. It takes the audience on emotional roller coaster from dread to power. Using overlays to cross two communes, Faries and My San Francisco life. This 2020 film is based on found footage of self-shot film from 1986, and found under my bed!
Part of the Matter of Kindness series of short films, “Motorbike Thief” tells a real life incident that happened to Michael Coffin when he discovered a stranger with his stolen bike. So enraged he confronts the assailant in no uncertain terms. Just when the situation is about to get out of hand, the anger turns empathetic and an unlikely friendship develops.
Capturing the tale of mysterious creatures living on earth. Pure in their emotions and expressions.
Following them on a journey of identity and self expression.
Fashion as a tool to bond, it makes us belong, it makes us stand out and differ.
We start a journey of emotions, expression, fabric and movement.
EPIPHANY “A moment of realization”
It all begins while the 11 years old main character is lying down alone with his childish and emotional imagination on the floor waiting for an unrecognized punishment from his father while locking him up in a room.
– We can see clearly the conflict between his “psychological thinking, feelings and thoughts” and his “real emotions” from his point of view about his future if he grew up in the same environment!
– There is an unstable relationship between his aggressive, careless and irresponsible father “who’s always drunk and careless about his own child and family and how that behavior will affect the whole family environment”, and his poor mother that has the opposite attitude/personality.
– But unfortunately, his mother took the easy way, first to get out of her problems and miserable life and the more pressing reason is that she can’t even think about the idea of her kid growing up in such environment to end up just like his father, to start another loop of another depressing life.
– How the main character ”the grown-up” seeing flashbacks through his point of view and how he changed through the time jump that happened in the film “shown in the scenes” to be even worse than his careless and irresponsible father, and getting deeper and deeper until he finds himself in the deep bottom, then we can see the transition between the time jump for the character with a surprising and self-denial look while his father is locking him up in a room and closes the door on him, that moment let him think about the whole thing again but this time with another point of view.
– So, the scenes begin to reverse to show the opposite side of the story, and in some scenes we can see the other point of view for some situations between the kid’s parents. To finally see how everything changed in the main character’s mind and to see him looking directly into your eyes with “A moment of realization” look on his face.
It’s an open ending film, The idea here is to make the audience ask questions, like:
– Is it just a glimpse for the main character’s future under the influence of his environment while he is getting lock up by his father?!
– Is that all already happened and the main character “the grown up” is just remembering some flashbacks from his childhood that led him to be that kind of person?!
– What happened next?!…etc.)
Traveling with a baby is an interesting thing. They add all sorts of challenges to any trip you do. Long flights, strollers, nap schedules, and car seats all seem to pile up and complicate what is supposed to be a relaxing vacation. Sometimes, you may even find yourself wondering…is all this effort worth it for a baby who won’t even remember the trip? All these experiences and memories will eventually disappear, like a fading dream. So is it worth it?
Runtime:4 minutes 28 seconds
Completion Date:May 10, 2018
Country of Origin:United States
Country of Filming:United States